- Adult women’s M (change the gauge to change sizes)
- Hand circumference: 7.5 inches
- Will stretch to comfortably fit up to 9 inches – the lace pattern is ribbed and stretches comfortably.
- 150 yards fingering – sport weight yarn
- Set of 5 US #5/3.75mm double-point needles
- Tapestry needle
- waste yarn
- 24 sts = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
- 32 rows = 4 inches in stockinette
R2 & all even rows: K across
R3: *K1, YO, K2, SK2P, K2, YO, K2* across
R5: *K2, YO, K1, SK2P, K1, YO, K3* across
R7: *K3, YO, SK2P, YO, K4* across
- CO 40 sts
- Work rows 1 -7 of Horseshoe lace.
- At the end of row 8 – knit 2 sts from N1 to N4, new row starts here.
- Work row 1 of Campanula lace – transferring 2 sts from each needle to the next (i.e. N2 -> N1, N3 -> N2, N4 -> 3), effectively redistributing the sts after moving the starting point over 2 sts.
- Continue rows 2- 5 of Campanula lace.
- Work 5 more repeats of Campanula lace.
- Inc 5 sts next row – 4 for the palm by Kf&b into the first st on every needle. Inc 1 thumb gusset st by Kf&b of last st on N2. (45 sts total)
- Work row 2 of pattern, making sure to P extra palm sts and K the thumb st.
- Row 3 – continue in pattern until the thumb st: M1L, K1, M1R, work remaining sts in pattern. Inc on either side of the thumb gusset every 3rd row, working the surrounding sts in campanula pattern.
- Finish increasing on row 4, with 15 thumb sts.
- Next row (row 5): Work to 1 st before thumb gusset, Kf&b, place thumb sts on waste yarn, P1 from N3 and Sl last stitch from N2 over it to join in the round. Finish row in pattern. (44 sts)
- Work 1 final repeat of lace pattern.
- P 2 rows.
- PBO (BO whilst purling, not knitting)
Place gusset sts on needles as follows: 3 on N1, and 4 on N2, 3, 4.
Row 1: Kf&b, K13, Kf&b. (17 sts)
Row 2: K1, slip last st on N4 over 1st st on N1 – to join in round. Knit to end.
Row 3 & 4: K across
Row 5 &6: P across
Row 7: PBO.
Weave in ends.
RIGHT MITT: make as for left.