I was going to try and post everything that’s happened in the past month. But that would be impossible in the time constraints I’m facing. So, here are the highlights…
- I started two pairs of mittens. Anemoi by Eunny Jang and a self-designed pair (details forthcoming):
- Killed my Blackberry and iPod touch accidentally with an exploding bottle of apple juice. No one was harmed, but I still grieve for my iPod.
- Got a new phone, as Blackberry was both sticky and non-functioning:
- Found out my socks visited the Great Wall of China (on my sister’s feet):
- Started working 4 days a week and spending 1 WHOLE day on designing (I love Mondays):
- Designed my FIRST lace pattern, the Stardust Scarf & Stole:
- And I went to the annual Blue Moon Fiber Arts sale:
Where, I am sure you can guess, I was accosted by many skeins of yarn that literally threw themselves at me. True story. You can ask Opus, who was also attacked by yarn.
So, now I am working away on several ongoing design projects. I’ve been
press-ganged into invited to design for the next Shibui booklet, which I cannot speak (nor type) of. Suffice it to say there’s a lot of cables involved.
I’ve spent most of today working on the last few patterns for the soon-to-be-published Shibui booklet, Shibui Heichi, and on the yet-unnamed booklet. Finished three tasks and started two more. It’s looking good. I just wish I had another set of arms, a la Parvati, so I could knit two things at once. I think my brain could handle two.