Literally “sunflower crown”, this lace hat will brighten your day – in summer or winter!
Inspired by a vintage doily pattern, this delicate lace tam evokes late summer and early autumn with it’s central sunflower motif and leaf lace body. Knit with just 50g of fingering weight yarn, it’s ideal for sampling a luscious exotic yarn or using up odds and ends from your sock yarn stash.
Directions are included with two versions of a sunflower – 8-petaled and 16-petaled – so knitters can mimic their favorite bloom.
Pattern includes both charts and line-by-line instructions.
- Suggested yarn: Shibui Knits Staccato. Samples shown were knit using one skein each of Shibui Knits Staccato in the colors “Redwood” (16-petal version) and “Dijon” (8-petal version).
- Yarn weight: Fingering
- Gauge: 28 stitches and 32 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Stockinette
- Needle size: US 2½ / 3.0 mm
- Hook size: 3.0 mm
- Yardage: 150 – 175 yards / 137 – 160 m
- Sizes available: Adult 20 – 22″ head circumference & 10″ diameter, laid flat after blocking
- Languages: English