Inspired by the “common” texture-and-lace shawls of the Shetland Islands, this shawlette is a fun, quick knit that yields spectacular results. A traditional knit-and-purl pattern has been paired with the equally traditional Crest of the Wave Shetland lace pattern to create a thoroughly modern accessory. Knit with just 440 yards of fingering weight yarn, it’s an ideal “gotta have it” knit with almost instant gratification.
Pattern includes both charts and line-by-line instructions, plus both US Standard and metric sizing.
- Suggested yarn: madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light. Samples shown were knit using one skein each of Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the colors “Duchess” and “Filigree” BEFORE skein yardage changed to 420 y / 382 m per 3.5 oz / 100g skein. Knitters using new Madelinetosh Merino Light should purchase an additional skein.
- Yarn weight: Light Fingering
- Gauge: 22 stitches and 26 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Pattern
- Needle size: US 6 / 4.0 mm
- Yardage: 440 yards / 402 m
- Sizes available: Approx. 50″/ 127 cm wingspan × 21″/ 53 cm center depth
- Language: English