Named “Roughshod” after the rustic look of the Linen St in the hand, these fingerless mitts almost look woven. Knit sideways, the pattern is was designed to show off variegated and hand-painted yarns. Worked flat with an afterthought thumb, it’s a great pattern for beginners to learn intermediate techniques, because it’s basically a modified square washcloth!
Pattern includes line-by-line instructions.
- Suggested yarn: Tactile Fiber Arts Studio Sierra Sport Sock. Sample shown was knit using one skein of Tactile Fiber Arts Sierra Sport Sock in the color “Dogwood”.
- Yarn weight: Sport
- Gauge: 22 stitches and 36 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Seed St
- Needle size: US 5 / 3.75 mm & US 6 / 4.0 mm
- Yardage: 180 – 220 yards / 165 – 201 m
- Sizes available: S (M, L); 7 (7.5, 8)″ / 18 (19, 20) cm finished circumference
- Languages: English