Originally inspired by Ikat textiles (though the finished design bears little resemblance!) these socks features two unique knit-on-knit cable patterns that keep things interesting. The final result may not look like a complicated space-dyed weaving, but it will still impress the recipient with clever interlocking cables that look like a fancy puzzlebox.
Pattern includes both charts and written line-by-line instructions, plus both US Standard and metric sizing.
- Suggested yarn: Shibui Knits Sock. Sample shown was knit using two skeins of Shibui Knits Sock in the color “Cranberry” .
- Yarn weight: Fingering
- Gauge: 32 stitches and 48 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Stockinette
- Needle size: US 1½ / 2.5 mm
- Yardage: 320 – 452 yards / 293 – 413 m
- Sizes available: 7 (8, 9)”/ 18 (20, 23) cm sock circumference
- Language: English